Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Book Review: The Reece Malcolm List by: Amy Spalding.

Title: The Reece Malcolm List
Author: Amy Spalding
Release Date: February 5 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Page Count: 352
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★★ 

 Things I know about Reece Malcolm:

1. She graduated from New York University.
2. She lives in or near Los Angeles.
3. Since her first novel was released, she’s been on the New York Times bestseller list every week.
4. She likes strong coffee and bourbon.
5. She’s my mother.

Devan knows very little about Reece Malcolm, until the day her father dies and she’s shipped off to live with the mother she’s never met. All she has is a list of notebook entries that doesn’t add up to much.

L.A. offers a whole new world to Devan—a performing arts school allows her to pursue her passion for show choir and musicals, a new circle of friends helps to draw her out of her shell, and an intriguing boy opens up possibilities for her first love.

But then the Reece Malcolm list gets a surprising new entry. Now that Devan is so close to having it all, can she handle the possibility of losing everything?
-GoodReads
 



When Devan's dad dies and she moves in with her mom that she knows almost nothing about she's convinced that she isn't going to last. Having been so used to being invisible in all aspects of her life other than when shes on stage, she assumes she'll just slip into this new life undiscovered and without disrupting anything.

Devan is the perfect narrator. I felt as though she was telling me her story over coffee at Starbucks. The words are so natural and real. Devan is funny and incredibly relatable – despite the times I wanted to shake her a little bit. Watching her and Reece divulge into uncharted territory was endearing although a little awkward at times naturally.

Reece is one of my new favorite characters of all time. I think part of the reason why I enjoyed her so much is that she reminded me a lot of me. Quick temper, bad at keeping personal relationships, not too hung up on her appearance and addicted to caffeine… yep I can totally relate. Through all of the snarkiness and sass I could tell she really loved Devan and she was just trying to form a relationship with her.

Now let’s talk about Brad… say it with me now… SWOOOOOOOON!!! Seriously who wouldn’t fall in love with Brad? He’s adorable and BRITISH! I loved watching him and Reece interact – you could just tell that they were really in love and it was real despite Reece’s devil-may-care attitude. He accepted Devan immediately and ultimately became her knight in shining armor.

Precious. Absolutely adorable. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...